We are Looking for a versatile financial professional to join the team as a Senior Finance Manager. This person will lead a team of Finance Managers and Assistant Finance Managers and will be responsible for the provision of an expert financial management to develop processes to support business growth. We’re looking for someone with strong business partnering skills that is a self-starter, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* To lead and manage a team of Finance Managers and Assistant Finance Managers in the production of high quality financial management information, income and expenditure, for a range of departments and corporate units.
* To manage and develop Finance Managers and Assistant Finance Managers within the team, providing leadership as well as the setting of appropriate objectives.
* To identify gaps in the knowledge of team members and to put in place training systems and processes to ensure these are closed so the entire team can operate as an effective unit, providing the highest level of support to this post and to its customers.
* To identify opportunities for information or quality improvements within the wider Financial Management team, supporting the Head of Financial Management to ensure every opportunity is taken to develop and enhance the provision of an expert Financial Management service to the Board.
* To provide a high quality financial management reporting service with a focus on identifying trends, risks and opportunities, communicating these to senior finance staff, corporate department management teams and to the executive team in such a way that it informs management decision making.
* To produce high quality reports for the boards as well as external organisations such as donor agencies.
* Analyze results to understand performance against plan/forecast. Monitor trends and key levers, growth, investment, and vendor against plan/forecast assumptions.
* Identify and implement cost savings initiatives. Recommend a course of action if risk is present.
* To be responsible for the setting of objectives for staff in the team and the
assessment of those objectives through the personal development review (PDR) processes.
* To be responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff.
* To be responsible for the effective management of the performance of staff in the team.
* To maintain the integrity of the organisation's financial systems, procedures and reports.
* To maintain professional standards within the Financial Management team.
* To ensure that Standing Financial Instructions, Standing Orders, financial policies and procedures are adhered to.
* To undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in line with the relevant institute requirements.
• Prior experience managing teams
• Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
* Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
* Experience in the application of accounting principles to periodic financial reporting, planning and forecasting
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* High proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong organizational, communication, and influencing skills
* Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
* Strong technical accounting knowledge and forecasting
* Ability to use own initiative and Self-motivated
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested Candidates should send their CV/Resume